Suffering from Coeliac Disease doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on delicious snacks. The King’s Deli’s fit-for-a-king hand cooked crisp selection is gluten free, so it can be enjoyed by everyone in the land!
- Do kettle crisps contain wheat or gluten?
- Are gluten free crisps good for me?
- Which flavours are suitable for Coeliacs?
In the UK alone, we consume 6 billion packets of crisps a year according to a 2020 article by The Guardian.
All of the flavours from The King’s Deli can be enjoyed as part of a gluten-free diet, as we are dedicated to creating snacks that are suitable for all. Whether it’s due to dietary restrictions, personal preference, or health concerns, The King’s Deli has a flavour for you!
Do crisps contain wheat and gluten?
Potatoes themselves are generally gluten free, however, not all brands of potato crisps are. Some flavourings can contain gluten, as it is a type of protein found in other products used to season the crisps. Gluten can be found in grains such as wheat, rye and barley, therefore potatoes are also free of wheat. As a type of starch vegetable, they can be a great food to use on a gluten free diet.
At The King’s Deli we don’t believe that crisps should compromise on quality or flavour, in order to be gluten free. Therefore, our brand ensures you can indulge in our great-tasting crisps until your heart’s content!
Are gluten free crisps healthy?
There is no evidence to suggest that it is beneficial for your health to eat gluten free crisps over regular crisps. However, at The King’s Deli we want our crisps to be enjoyed and available to everyone, that’s why we chose the gluten free option. Not only are our crisps gluten-free, but they are also suitable for vegetarians and most can be enjoyed as part of a vegan diet.
What crisps are gluten free?
Here at the King’s Deli, all of our exciting crisps are completely wheat and gluten free, including classic flavours such as Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar and Sour Cream & Onion, as well as exciting combinations such as Honey BBQ and Tomato & Herb. Our award-winning Salt & Black Pepper flavour is also suitable for coeliac and gluten-free diets!
The King’s Deli team is dedicated to quality, this is why we only use natural ingredients to give the crisps their unique and delicious flavours. We avoid any MSG, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, gluten and GMO in all of our seasonings! Here are our selection of crisps you can indulge in:
- Original Sea Salt – A classic flavour, combining sea salt, sunflower and British potatoes. Best enjoyed when the sun is out!
- Tomato & Herb – Sun kissed tomatoes blended with Italian herbs for an unforgettable flavour
- Honey BBQ – A true BBQ experience delivering a tasty, smokey crunch .
- Cheese – Lovers of cheese rejoice! The King’s Deli have crafted wonderfully rich cheese flavour crisps
- Salt & Black Pepper – A beautifully simple marriage of salt and black pepper.
- Hot & Spicy – Dare to reach for an irresistible crunch that hides a spicy punch?
- Sour Cream & Onion – A true royal treat packed with flavour from a careful combination of onions, herbs and garlic.
- Paprika – Get on board with our all natural favourite, loved all around the world!
- Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar – We wouldn’t be a proud British crisp company without creating our own rendition of the classic salt and vinegar flavour.
Even our new, exotic crisps flavours are suitable for Celiacs!
- American Inspired Sticky Rib: Smokey BBQ flavour that’s undeniably American.
- Caribbean Inspired Jamaican Jerk: A lively marriage of classic Caribbean staples
- Katsu Curry: Wickedly wonderful homage to a beloved Japanese flavour.
- Sriracha Chilli: A fiery combination of chilli, garlic and spices, pulled straight from the streets of Thailand
How Can I Spot Gluten-Free Crisps?
Gluten free crisps and other food products typically feature a gluten free symbol known as the ‘Crossed Grain License’, on their packaging. Where symbols aren’t visible, there are a number of indicators a product is not gluten free, giving those who are trying to avoid gluten, elements to look out for. It is important to make note of the fact a lot of flavourings used for crisps contain wheat flour which is unsuitable for those seeking a gluten free diet. In some cases, crisp products can’t be classified as gluten-free due to the risk of cross contamination during the manufacturing process.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THE KING’S DELI AWARD WINNING GLUTEN FREE CRISPS
At The King’s Deli, we kettle cook the finest British potatoes in small batches to ensure each crisp has that signature crunch. For more dietary information, you can explore the full range of real hand cooked crisps.
If you’re interested in stocking our gluten-free crisps, you can find us at the new Smylies Shop! Explore a huge variety of other leading brands, such as Quorn, OXO and Cathedral City – begin your order today.